Terms & Conditions
Pricing, Terms & Conditions
- Direct tour costs are $3,500 US$ for a 10 day tour
- Each 10 day tour is 10 full days chasing on the road, with 11 hotel nights in total
- Each tour begins and ends in the base hotel in Oklahoma City
- Tour deposit of $2,500 US$ payable on receiving booking details from SGC
- It's then “pay as you go” for your own room on the road – 9 nights – working out to an average of $1,000 US$
What Does This Cover?
- Tour direct operating expenses, provision of technical equipment & software, and other expenses of organising and operating the tours
- Your deposit also covers the 2 opening & closing nights hotel rooms in Oklahoma City
- “Pay as you go” for your rooms on the road – 9 nights for about $1,000 - so, plus your tour deposit of $2,500 means a total of $3,500 for the tour
- Travel costs to & from the base hotel in Oklahoma City are at your expense
- Food and other personal costs are at your expense
If you share a room with your chasing partner, then costs work out to just $2,895 each.
The Fine Print
- This is not run as a profit-making business, but a group of like-minded people getting together to share their passion for severe weather while sharing the overall costs of the tour on an equitable basis
- Deposits are refundable only “if I can rebook with someone else” otherwise are not refundable as the tour expenses are incurred regardless
- You need to carry your own liability & health insurance coverage
- Vehicle will carry the normal insurance for accidents & liability cover from the rental company
- To finalise your booking, you will need to sign an informed consent waiver acknowledging the risks inherent in storm chasing, and waiving any right to legal redress
A Final Thought
If you are unwell, don’t come storm chasing! It’s close quarters and a tour can be ruined by illness shared in a small group. We reserve the right to decline your participation if you're unfit to travel. Let us know asap if you’re ill, so appropriate cancellations and refunds can be arranged if possible, and ensure you have adequate travel insurance to cover your deposit if we can’t refund or resell your seat due to late notice.